Thursday, June 26, 2008

Grey sheets of water.

One thing that I miss very much is the rumbling noise of the darken skies. California has rain yet it does not have the dark, gathering clouds that announce the beginning of momentary or lasting sheets of grey that pour from the skies. Last night, I heard the gentle rumble of the approaching thunderstorm. Excitement grew in me as the noise increased and the storm came closer and closer. I love thunderstorms.

I headed out to meet up with a friend when I saw an amazing sight. The sun had not yet retired for the night and it was hanging low in the horizon. Yet the skies above were dark and brooding, casting a night feel so early in the evening. I drove west to meet my friend when I caught a glimpse of an unusual site…a deep gray sky with its announcing storm and an orange-glowing sun pushing through the clouds to grant forth its last rays before the horizon called it to bed. It was so unusual yet vibrant that it caught my attention, which truly was not good since I was driving through rain and the rain was falling hard. How I wish I could have had my camera to take that shot!

No comments: