Saturday, August 04, 2007

A normal day for me.

After having a schedule for so long, the break from the norm has been rather exhilerating. I have been working a job since I was a senior in high school so not having the stress of fulfilling a job has been a load off my shoulders, although I am getting the itch to at least be doing something. The past few weeks have been so crazy as well as relaxing. The first few days were filled with unpacking and putting furniture into place. Then it slowed down so I could finish the rest of my move at leisure.

Daily I am hit again with another item that I have to change due to my move. Despite the address change and informing all the important personnel of that change, there is banking, insurance, car and phone. It does seem endless but I know that it is not. I will have it all accomplished very soon. Of course, not having a job has lent the time I need to accomplish all the changes needed and having time during business hours to get it done.

The thought that keeps running through my mind is that I will have to do this all again in about a year. Of course that is if I get accepted to Fuller Theological Seminary. I will move to Pasedena about this time next year. I won't have to transfer some things but the address change will have to occur.

A typical day for me so far has been very lazy and relaxing. I go to bed way too late so that means I get up way too late. I work on some projects that I have wanted to accomplish but after awhile the allure of the blue water in the backyard deters me. So I grab a towel, put on a suite and dive into the cool water of my very own pool. Yes I know. It is a blessing to have it. I use it for some excercise and release of energy. The temperature has been very hot lately so this little extra has been wonderful.

Then there is a time of cleaning up, making dinner, and watching movies. I throw in a book or two as well. So right now those are my days. A very nice vacation if I do say so myself.

But I am itching to get involved in life again as well as get into a job. The security of the income would be nice to have again. I have been invited by a local church to get involved in different ministries so I shall see which ones I want to connect with. If I am not careful, I will overload myself once again but then I don't mind.

So right now I am enjoying the break and taking full advantage of it.

No comments: