Saturday, August 04, 2007

Job search.

It has been awhile since I have had to search for a job. The last time I did that was eight years ago after I graduated from college. After landing my job at the church, I have been there since my first day. I have not had the need to find a full-time position since that day. Until now.

I have been looking for open positions for a couple of months now. I have had my resume out on the job markets, I have filled out internet applications and sent my resumre to interested parties. I really began my search when I arrived in California. Modesto is a nice sized city but it is not a major hub for business. It is mainly made up of people who travel to Sacremento, San Francisco, or Stockton for jobs. I do not relish the thought of traveling for hours a day to get to a entry position so I am focusing around Modesto or within 20 miles of here. So far I have heard nothing.

Of course, I have only been here for a few weeks but as I look at my check book and I know what bills are coming out, the worries of not having a job tend to enter my mind and stress me out a little bit. I wonder if I will hear back from anyone or if any of the jobs that I am interested in would be available to me.

I knew that this would be part of the journey as I stepped out and resigned from my former job. I just forgot how hard it could be.

No comments: