Monday, July 30, 2007

Another adventure.

I am a bit adventurous. I love to try new things. At times those new things spark a flame of fear just it is the unknown, but usually when I finally do it, the thrill is amazing.

Well this past weekend, I went river rafting. No I did not sit in a tube and float down a slow moving river. This was the actually eight-man raft that you have to paddle to get through the river. Since my mother wanted to go, we choose the lowest level of river it can be to river raft; we went on a Class One river. It was fun!

Being outdoors, away from the traffic was so serene. We saw a heron and otters on the river. The only noise I could hear was the voices of the other rafters or others enjoying the river. Other than, the river was quiet, serene, and calm.

It was fun working with the team to paddle our raft through slight rapids, away from submerged rocks, and hanging trees. Our guide even took us through a small canal instead of taking us through the main river part.

So after this experience, I want to try a higher class river. At least I want to try a Class three before hitting the Class Fives. It was fun. I highly recommend river rafting.

No comments: