Monday, July 16, 2007

Taking His hand and jumping

A few weeks ago, I read this quote by Corrie Ten Boom, "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." Of course, timing is always perfect as I was at a crossroads in my life, staying safe into a known world or jumping off into something unknown.

For those of you who I have not had the opportunity to tell yet, I have taken the jump, releasing what I know, releasing what is comfortable, and jumping into the wild unknown.

The first jump, I have resigned my position at Des Moines First Assembly. My last day at the church will be July 11th. The past seven years here have been a wonderful experience and I have been blessed with an amazing church family and awesome friends. God has stretched me in my faith and my trust in Him. He has brought awesome men and women into my life who have mentored me and pushed me into my gifts and talents, allowing me to grow so I can use them even more for His glory. So resigning was not an easy decision but one I know God has pressed upon my heart to do.

The second jump, I am moving to California in July. Surprised? So am I for I told God that I would never move to California. I had rather hoped to be somewhere on the East Coast verses the West Coast, but then I am still learning that I do not tell God never. He tends to make those statements come about at different times in my life.

For the fall, I will be living in Modesto, camping out at my parents for awhile until I get the next stage determined. For now, I am pursuing application to Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California for a Master of Science degree in Marital and Family Counseling or Christian Leadership.

As for the third jump, I will let you know as I find out. I know that God has a plan and He will reveal each step as I am ready. Right now, the tasks are overwhelming enough with transitioning out of my positions, transferring accounts around, changing my address, and moving. Plus I can't forget the times I need to spend with my friends.

So I am taking God's hand and I am jumping...into the unknown but what a exciting time it will be.

No comments: