Monday, July 16, 2007

The Countdown has begun

This morning I was emailing a friend and jokingly decided to count how many days I have left in my current office. The time seems so long but the days seem short; it is only 14 more days in this office. The days until I leave...26 days. Man oh man...it will go really fast.

My mind sometimes goes numb with all the details that flow through them. (I am known for making people dizzy when I share my thoughts of the details in life.) It seems so much but I am trying to slow down and breathe at times.

I have already met with our realtor, a man I had known only by reputation and recommendation. When I first talked to him, he did not sound very encouraging about the ability to sell the house. But after he saw it, he was impressed and was encouraging that our house will sell and might sell quickly. That bit of news was quite relieving for me as I have been anxious and worried about the possibility of selling the house. My parents need it to sell quickly and I pray that it does. They were so generous with the house and loved the fact that I used it for ministry, parties, and roommates. But it will be a blessing for it to sell quickly.

The front cutter is finally fixed. I had signed a work order almost six weeks ago and finally had to call the company to come out and replace it. They came yestersday so now the front looks good except for the one branch that decided to break and fall on my roof. I tried to get it off but it is still attached to the tree by a piece of bark. One section of the branch is big enough that it sits on the roof and gives the branch relief so the weight won't break it. Once I get my saw back, I will be getting that branch down.

I have already started packing the items I don't need, cleaning out rooms, painting, cleaning, and all the other fun things that go with moving. I have not done this since I was fourteen years old so I have a lot to go through. But one room at a time.

Yesterday we had our team picnic for work. As the Team Events Coordinator, this puppy was under my responsibility. The day was beautiful, no rain, low humidity. I could not have asked for a better day. Everyone had fun. Now that the picnic is over, I can really start to get my work responsibilities ready to be transferred to another department. Oh the fun of it all.

But before I can begin this next journey, I need to finish this one. So i better get back to it.

No comments: