Monday, July 16, 2007

The journey of trust

This past week I was reading a devotion from a book that I recently bought. The subject matter was on trusting God and the scripture reference was a favorite, Proverbs 3:5,6. Trust is always a great lesson to learn over and over again and I don't mind the reminder. But it was not the devotion that has wrapped itself around my heart and thoughts. Instead it was the quote at the bottom of the page.

"God is God. He knows what He is doing. When you cannot trace His hand, trust His heart." -- Max Lucado

I lose count at the many times that I say I trust God but still keep taking back the people, thoughts, dreams that I place in His hands to have. I say I trust Him but sometimes my behavior contradicts my words.

Then at times who have God speak to your heart about a truth or a thought. I cherish that piece of truth so dear to my heart but as days pass and I don't see Him do something major, I wonder if I can trust him.

Over the past several months, I have not been able to trace God's hand on decisions, on my life. It is easy for me to wonder if I can trust Him when I cannot see what He is doing. But often times I have come to realize that I will not always see His hand moving, working, designing when many times He is moving into place things for my tomorrows. It is only when I glance back, do I see the paths and the movements. Seeing those movements, I wonder what His hand is doing today. When I cannot, that it is when I must embrace His character, His love to keep trusting.

No comments: