Monday, July 16, 2007

The Joys of Packing

I find it interesting that when I live somewhere, I can never seem to have enough stuff. I am always finding a spot for something new. It isn't until I have to pack it all up does everything I have seem to be too much. I keep packing bits and pieces as the weeks go by so the whole experience does not happen at once. It just never seems to end but I know it will. And I don't have that much stuff!

Today was a pretty quiet day. I finished downloading my knowledge of our database system onto paper so that my other teammates now have written instructions to navigate through our database. It is interesting writing a manual of how I work through the system and then compare it to the company's manual. Mine is definitely simpler and in layman terms.

I hope to finish the rough draft and proposal for the wedding booklet and pre-marriage course. In fact, it was this aspect of my job that pushed me towards my degree. As I have been working with the weddings of Des Moines First and evaluating the current booklet and pre-marriage course, my desire to get my degree in marital and family counseling emerged once again. I started researching materials that would help promote healthy marriages before and after the wedding. This course just made me want to be a counselor to help in marriages.

The interesting thing in this whole transition and every detail is that the one thing that brings me great joy is the simple of act of finding toy cars for my nephew. My brother has started to collect the cars from the movie Cars and I have been able to find six of the cars that Ashton is missing. According to my brother, I will be my nephew's hero. YEAH!!!!

No comments: