Saturday, February 09, 2008

An Update

So life continues to get hectic and busy with all those little details that can seem to sneak up on a person. But for those of you who have been tracking my new journey to California, here is what is going on:

As of today, I am about 98% finished with my application to Fuller Theological Seminary. My test scores are in, my application is in, three references are in, and so are my housing and financial aid applications. I am only missing one more reference which I am following up on to make sure everything has come together. I am not sure when I will receive the final word on my application but it will be in the next month or two.

So beyond that I have been working on my taxes from 2007 so I can apply for financial aid through the government and comply with the tax code of filing taxes. My taxes are going to be so interesting with two state tax forms, six months of self-employment, and four months of regular employment. I will need extra help getting those done.

Plus I have been looking at housing in the area of the school as well as the school housing offers. The school has a studio/loft apartment option that I would really love to get. Plus I have been looking for job opportunities around the area and have been applying even now to see what might open up for me in the coming months. There are a lot of great opportunities, including working at Fuller as well as another known school called Azusa Pacific University.

So with all that going on in my spare time, working my two jobs which my hours vary week to week, and volunteering at my church for their evangelistic outreach for the next two weeks, life has gotten really interesting lately.

But the temps have begun to rise into the 60's, the skies have become blue again, and the sun is shining all around. Life is good and I am loving every minute of it.

No comments: