Monday, February 11, 2008

An Amazing Night.

Ever have those nights that will be etched in your mind for a long time and may, if you allow it, change your life? Last night was such a night for me. Normally the one behind the scenes putting together the final details to make sure everything runs smoothly, I took a step of faith into a new servant's role that I have often times left for others. It was an amazing experience for me and I cannot wait to do it again.

So what in the world am I writing about? My new home church is conducting the evangelistic outreach program called "The Last Chance." Created by the creators of Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames, this cinematic theatric event is an opportunity to reach people with the truth of heaven and hell and a person's choice of eternity. Several weeks ago the church was requesting volunteers. Normally I would take the service opportunity to run errands or stay behind the scenes but at the suggestion of a new friend, I signed up for the position of altar worker. I will be on the front lines.

Last night I showed up at the church. I did not sit through the program as you might wonder but instead they had the altar workers gather in the prayer chapel and spend the time of the show in prayer and intercession for those in the sanctuary to heed the calling of God and accept his gift of salvation. That hour plus time was so full of God's spirit, voices raised in intercession for the lost in the sanctuary, that I did not want to leave the room.

As we moved to the side doors, waiting for our cue to enter the sanctuary to hand out salvation cards to those who came down front, I was just waiting in anticipation and excitement to see the people who made the decision for Jesus Christ. I stood there praying even then and the slightest noise just seemed to be in interruption to the Spirit of God that had enveloped me.

The moment came and we went in. The aisle ways, the front, the side areas were filled as hundreds of people came down front in response to the decision to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. It was an amazing feeling to stand among them, children, youth, adults, fathers with children. I cannot wait until the tomorrow night when I get to go again.

No comments: