Tuesday, September 25, 2007

An interesting experience

I HAVE A JOB! Okay, I have another job. I now have two part-time jobs after ten weeks of searching. When I made the move, I did not think that I would have a hard time finding a job. I knew that I might not get one right away but I did not realize that it would be this hard. Mainly my problem has been that I have been over-qualified for this area so that has been an interesting situation.

I got a job working for a bank and the process has been an interesting time. One process I had to go through was getting my finger prints done. I had to go down to the police station to get this done. I guess there are different processes for fingerprints and I was not sure which ones to get, so I went with the ink process.

I felt so weird in that room, having an unknown man follow through on a process he does every day but I have never done. I had to go through each finger on both hands, then had to do a print of all four fingers and the thumb. After that was done, he put some liquid in my hand to remove the ink from my hands and then I was able to wash it all off.

After watching all those crime shows that criminals getting their finger prints done, I felt odd having my done for a normal reason and realizing that know my fingerprints will be in a database system. All this for a job!!!! Craziness!

No comments: