Thursday, August 09, 2007

Locking Eyes with Your Lion

"But the right place often seems like the wrong place, and the right time often seems like the wrong time."

I do not think I could have stated my thoughts better than that statement. I am amazed at times when I am so certain that God has lead me to a certain place or the timing is just right, but then it feels all so wrong. I don't know if it is because the fulfillment of the journey is not following the steps I thought it should take or the some small element makes the timing seem so off.

I wake up in the morning in a familiar bed, stare at the walls of a semi-familiar room, and think about an unfamiliar life. And I wonder, is this where I am suppose to be? Did I truly hear God's voice when I made the decision to move. At night, I open the window and stare out at the black night and I whisper my true thoughts to heaven. I whisper, "Lord, what is your plan for me here? Why did you send me here?"

There are moments when I long for the normalcy of my known life, the security of a job, and the arms of a little boy. Even though I know the path before me was designed by the Creator, the path is not always easy ground. When I jumped in the pit, it erased the familiar horizon so common to me and put me face-to-face with a lion, a challenge that can either destroy me or I can conquer it. And I wonder what this one challenge has to teach me.

*quote taken from the book, "In a pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day" by Mark Batterson.

No comments: