Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Big 30!

For the past year, I have had one friend tell me that this birthday would be a huge milestone. I would have a complete meltdown at leaving behind my twenties and I would not want to celebrate it. Instead I would want to competely forget about it and wear black all day. I had another friend tell me that this birthday would be fun and that she looked forward to changing decades and so would I. Anyone want to guess which route I took? Of course, the fun one!

Yes, this past Monday I officially turned the big 30! I am no longer in my twenties although I feel like I just turned 25 again. I don't feel any different. I don't think any different. And I definitely wanted to celebrate my birthday even if it was a small celebration. But with me, that never is small.

So far, I have completely uprooted my life and started a new one, I saw Jeremy Camp and Hawk Nelson in concert, had pasta for dinner, will be going into San Francisco for part of my week, and I bought myself a birthday cake.

My mother put signs up all over the house wishing me a happy birthday. There were two in the refrigerator. I actually did not find the one in the garage refrigerator because I was out of Dr. Pepper so therefore I had no need to go out. One I found under my door and the other was on my computer.

I got a balloon bouquet from Marla and an awesome box from the girls. They sent me cd's, Dove chocolate, a toy tiara and a slinky. (Just for reference sake, do not let Katie pick out your birthday card unless you want an outrageous card. She will find the best one!) I received several cards, emails, phone calls and comments from family and friends. All in all, I had an awesome birthday! And to top off the whole day, my brother called and I talked to my nephew.

THANK YOU for remembering my birthday. You all made it a fun day and I felt so loved across the miles. My twenties were a great time and I am looking forward to what God is going to do in my thirties. It should be an interesting decade!

No comments: