Monday, July 16, 2007

It has begun!

It has begun!
Current mood: tired
Category: Blogging

I find myself living on pure adrenaline just to make it through the time. The past week has been crazy but it has been accomplished. The house has been repainted, swept, cleaned and locked. The truck is packed and the car is loaded. I hit the road. I am in Nebraska for the night, resting until I hit the road tomorrow.

I am still in a sense of surrealness, hardly grasping that I have packed up my life and moved it away from the known. California still seems like a dream, more of a vacation than a move. Where I am going is somewhere I have been before and I am heading out to be with my parents. It just seems so normal, not crazy. I just don't think the reality of this will hit for another few weeks.

This morning was hard as I said good bye to my little nephew. He somewhat grasps what is going on but does not fully understand. I have been a major part of his life since he day he was born and now I put distance between us. I tried to keep a smile on my face as I hugged him goodbye but it was very hard. I shed my tears, especially when my brother gave me a hug. It was hard to say goodbye to them.

Yet I looked around the house this morning, empty yet clean. My home of fifteen years not empty of all of my things. What a beautiful home filled with memories of smiles, laughter and friends that I will carry with me forever. A sense of release came over me as I looked away and moved ahead. I grasped God's hand again to jump into His unknown.

So tonight I rest, letting my body and mind release the to-do list of getting the house completed before we pulled out.

No comments: