Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A faith boost.

Every once in awhile I need a faith booster. One that shoots me full of adrenaline to keep me persevering in prayer, trust, and faith that God will answer me. This past weekend was such a boost.

For the past fifteen years, I lived in house that was truly a gift of God to my parents. And those of you who read this and were a part of Awakening know the house well. I think the highest I have ever had a party at my home was 40-50 people. Good times...and my father being the awesome dad that he is, kept the house so I could have a place to live as I stayed in Des Moines. Plus it gave my parents a place to stay when they visited.

After much prayer, I believed that God was leading me to California this past summer so we put the house up for sale. After several miracles of previous houses, we left for California full of faith that God will sell it. (Previous example: God sold our house in Panora the same day we moved into Des Moines.) We truly believed that God would do it again.

With the housing market as it is for sellers, the house has sat on the market since July with hardly any nibbles or bites. As you can imagine, the days that have slipped by has worn a bit of that faith down, wondering what plan God has for the house when my parents truly need it sold.

This past weekend we received word that we have a bid and the bid seems so promising. At a time when we did not think the house would be looked at, we received a bid. How awesome God is! With all the logistics to accomplish, I do not know if this bid will go through but just having it gave me a boost of faith to keep persevering in prayer for the buyers to come.

So for those of you who are praying for God to meet a need, reach a family or friend, answer a request, keep praying, seeking, and persevering. God is faithful to answer!

No comments: