Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day.

I used to dread Valentine’s Day because I did not have a date or boyfriend with whom to celebrate. My freshman year of college I once again faced a dateless Valentine’s Day and I was dreading the day. Then God taught me a great lesson that year. It was my choice how I wanted to spend my day. I could wallow in my self-pity or I could live what the day represented. So I choose to have an awesome day and share God’s love with others. So I bought a box of valentine day cards, candy and a bag of suckers. I gave cards to all my floor mates, and throughout the day, I handed out suckers. I ended up getting blessed when my secret sister spoiled me with a huge card, chocolate and sparkling grape juice. Every year since, I have found a way to celebrate the day by loving others.

This Valentine’s Day, I celebrated it as I always do. I gave gifts away. I made a cheesecake for my co-workers at the bank, which they all loved. (The girls complained about the calories but I noticed that they went back for seconds.) I made oatmeal raison cookies for my manager and security guard. (My manager had been sick all week and in a bad mood. The cookies were a big hit!) I made Valentine day cards on my computer and passed it out to my co-workers at both jobs. The results: I had an awesome day to the point where I was laughing so hard I was crying and I got hugs from friends, and smiles from everyone involved. I had fun sharing God’s love to others on this day.

No comments: