Monday, February 18, 2008

Random thoughts on nature.

I hear the rain outside as it plops against the houses. Tonight, it’s fall is softly gentle as it descends from the heavens above. Many people dread the constant threat of rain, longing for the warmth of the sunny weather that is so common, But I, I am strangely comforted by the drops’ gentle sounds. Its dreariness has yet to depress me for I find an unique beauty in it’s touch.

The sound of the rain causes my mind to travel to a distant memory. A memory that entails a booming sound and flashing light. Oh, I loved the sound of thunderstorms with their rolling thunder that stretched the skies and the brilliant flashes of light that would quickly follow, illuminating the land for just a brief glimpse. I enjoyed the midnight morning booms that would awaken me from a sound sleep, only to realize I still had hours yet to sleep. With a gentle smile that grew at the thought of such beauty, the rains steady ease would lull me back to sleep.

I am not sure why I have found so much beauty in the grayness of rain. Maybe because I know its Creator. Maybe because I know rain heals the land, prepares the land, and grows the land. The sunshine and warmth would be quite ideal to the cold, wet gray of the passing days, but then I would miss the needed beauty of such a day; making me grateful for the coming sunny days. May that is why I like the rain.

No comments: