Monday, July 23, 2007

The 2nd part of the Journey

Now I remember why I do not like to move. Living in disarray for weeks at a time. Getting everything together and packed into boxes. Getting the truck and then moving to the new location. All that takes time and is stressful and yet the excitement of something new gives me the extra push I need to finish the task at hand.

Now the second part of the journey begins. The unpacking. Since I did not fully pack myself, I am wandering around in a state of confusion because I know I am missing items that I need yet I have no idea which box they are in. Eventually I will find them but until then, I will manage.

For the most part, I am unpacked. I have had an interesting time as I have condensed my life from a six-bedroom home to one-bedroom. At least I get my own bathroom. The storage that I was so used to in my house in Iowa is no longer available here in my new home because my parents have used up most of the storage for themselves. So far I have been able to fit what I want in my room but I will have to store many items until I move into my own place. Also I have to get used to the decor. My mother has great taste yet we are very different when it comes to decorating.

I can't complain and I won't. The house is beautiful. I have my sanctuary, also known as my bedroom. I have my own TV which is great because my father and I differ on shows to watch. I could try to fight for control of the remote but I will lose. It is his house. I have hi-speed internet which allows me the ability to connect to family and friends regularly. Hopefully we will get the wireless working so then I can be anywhere in the house and on line.

I especially can't complain considering what is in the backyard, my own pool! With the weather as hot as it is right now, the pool is a great escape and relief. My father is hoping to add a heater to it so we can use the pool year around. Despite popular belief, California is not always warm enough to swim and without a heater, the water in the pool gets too cold to swim.

The back yard is set up nicely for a great time outdoors. We have our own little workout center with a elliptical glider and Total Gym. We have a sanctuary with chairs to sit outside and we have shades to block the sun from these sections.

I also have a great park just down the block that will provide a place to walk and run. Yes, I am going to get myself involved in running. Usually my legs don't mind the workout. Mentality, I hit a road block everytime.

Since I am writing about unpacking, I better get back to it. I still have some boxes to sort and hopefully today will reveal the missing items I so want.

No comments: