Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Beginning

Why, oh why, did I do this? I have no idea. I thought it would be just a fun idea to get a blog site and do this. Sometimes it is easier to do this than try to send out a handful of emails when my friends can just come here and read the updates.

Of course, I should be fulfilling my tasks for my work day but I am on-line writing this. I do not have much time for I have a lunch appointment approaching soon. Lunch is always a good thing, especially when I can leave the office for it.

Truthfully I would enjoy being at home and enjoying the cooler weather. I could be outside, curled up on my lawn chair and reading a book, fiction of course. This poem is close to what I want for the day:

My Escape

With closed eyes
I hear the wind
As it sings between the leaves,
Carrying a tune that reaches
To depths of me –
unknown by mere man

It travels across the space
And with invisible fingers
Caresses my cheek,
Teases my hair,
Whispers loving words,
Only I hear.

It envelopes me with
Arms that enclose
Leaving tracks of warmth all around,
Massaging the stress of my daily life
Away from current thoughts --
I open my eyes – I am home.


Well, on that note, I will sign off for today. Maybe I will get the chance to find my escape tonight.

No comments: